Thanksgiving….yes I’m at that place. I am singing His praises. Life has been very good to me(us) this year.
Starting January 3, I made a habit of jotting down, almost daily, a few things I was thankful for. Today, I am on #768. First page, first entry:
than onward…thankful for tiny moments and some great big huge moments…but always knowing there was a loving, giving, caring God above from whom all these good things come . Here are some of my favorites…page by page, moment by moment, aiming for 100, couldn’t stop until 113.
2. Tea with my daughter, Stephanie
3. Morning walks with daughter, Jackie
4. Kindness, wisdom, energy and passion of my friends
4. A lively conversation with my husband on a Saturday afternoon.
5,6.. Purring, snuggling kitten, Missy Bibby, then the next moment…wild cat
7, 8,9.. Marlo…her sleepy breathing, her circle dance, her guilty look
10. Aroma of bacon on a Saturday morning
11. My darling niece, Erin….and my other nieces and nephews. I am proud of you all!
12. Encouraging words of a friend….how will I ever repay you Leann.
13. A good conversation with Patt, by cell, during my morning walk.
14. Saying no, and knowing it was the right thing to do.
15. Church bells at 6PM
16. Beautiful baby girl…..”She”…..Codi Lynn
17. Lovely mother, healthy and happy after baby born…Amber
18. My son, TJ….loving, proud father and husband.
19. Sunshine in winter
20. Comfort, my blue couch
21. Medical advances that can change lives!
22, 23. My mother and father, I still have them here.
24, 25. The legacy my sister left….her sons, Ron and Ryan
26. A speck of hope, to grab on to.
27. A restful night after a difficult day
28. The respite of working on my artwork.
29. Skype, connecting in the early morning, with Lisa.
30. Fog, laying low, changing everything.
31. Grace to keep my mouth shut!
32. My diamond friends, the Baguettes, celebrating 10 years.
34. The skills I have.
35. Taste….sweet, salty, savory
37, 38. Black-capped chickadees, and cardinal pairs
39. Dreaming vividly of TIGERS!
40. Deer herd in my backyard
41. Time with my mother during her illness, and successful surgery.
42. Stock market record set.
43. A satisfying, productive day
45. Colton’s delight at the funny squirrel
46. Smell of baking bread
47. Chicken swarma sandwich, with garlic
48. Worshipping as part of a Christian community.
49. Eating strawberries with my grandson.
50. Smiles from baby Codi
51. Stephanie’s pregnant!
52. Witnessing the happiness of my daughter and her husband.
53. Courage to speak, and bring things into the light.
54. A lesson on what I don’t need, what I can do without.
55. An apology received, imperfect but accepted.
56. News of twins!
58. Grass getting greener, daily
59. Hearing 2 heartbeats.
60. Reconnecting with my up north friend, Kathie…several times this year!
61. My niece’s generous offer to use her house for a party.
62. Wisdom gained from studying the Bible.
63. Bright green of new leaves
64 Planting a garden with Jackie
65. Faith, given to me generously.
66. Success at our art show, work completed, well attended, good feedback and sales.
67. Goldfish in pond, active, splashing, sparkling.
68. Ferns unfurling
69. Lake Michigan
70. Coffee with prunes in the morning…try it, you might like it!
71. Sunday solitude
72, Codi Lynn and the watermelon…that girl is bound to be a foodie!
73. Cottonwood snow
74. My friend Kat’s humor and upbeat personality.
75. Lunches, and solving the world’s problems, with Kelly
76. 70 degree days
77. Epidural shots for Jeff!
78. Twin fawns
79. Greek salads
80. Friends, who volunteered their help for Steph’s shower.
81. Protection, tragedies avoided or at least made manageable.
82. Getting into the dentist the day I really needed it!
83. Words, spoken gently, received well.
84, 85, 86. Watercolor discovered, shared with mom, meeting the talented ladies in her group,
87. Gail, her generous spirit, and all around ability to be there for her friends and family.
88. Beautiful shower for Steph
89. Desire to strive to be all You want me to be.
91. 37 years married to a gentle, kind, energetic, loving man with a great sense of humor.
92. Ritter’s ice cream
93. Getaway with friends at Kat’s cottage.
94. Medical bills mostly paid by insurance,
95. My daughter’s boyfriend, Kevin, kind and curious.
96. Help in keeping my life simple.
97. My father’s example of not complaining, when he could complain a lot!
98. My bicycle
99. My friends healthy little granddaughters’ born
100. Stamina and strength
101 Gut busting laughter with my friends.
102. Salmon running upstream to spawn
103. Fall colors, glowing.
104. Homemade, chunky applesauce
105. Sewing time with Steph
106. Jackie’s love of Tucker, and her cats.
107. Crunch of leaves underfoot.
108. Friend Nan’s successful surgery, and Aunt Nan’s successful hip replacement.
109. Two chimes heard in the labor and delivery waiting room.
110, 111. Aubree and Dylan!
112, 113. Steph’s sweet calm, Derek’s smitten with his babies.
I have omitted many good peoples and experiences. But enough already, thanks for sticking it out!
There goes almost a year spent recording the GOOD things in this life, each moment burned into my memory because I wrote it. I cannot help but think that this was a very very fortunate year. There were storms to weather, but they were mild. Whatever the next year brings, clouds, storms, or maybe even a hurricane….I hope I can continue to find something to celebrate and be thankful for every day, once again.
For each new morning with its light,
For rest and shelter of the night,
For health and food,
For love and friends,
For everything Thy goodness sends.
–Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803-1882)