- You better watch out
- You better not cry
- Better not pout
- I’m telling you why
- Santa Claus is coming to town
HAVEN GILLESPIE, "Santa Claus is Coming to Town"
- Santa Claus is anyone who loves another and seeks to make them happy;
- who gives himself by thought or word or deed in every gift that he bestows;
- who shares his joys with those who are sad;
- whose hand is never closed against the needy;
- whose arm is ever outstretched to aid the week;
- whose sympathy is quick and genuine in time of trouble;
- who recognizes a comrade and brother in every man he meets upon life’s common road;
- who lives his life throughout the entire year in the Christmas spirit.
EDWIN OSGOOD GROVER, Vicki Howard’s The Book of Santa Claus