Seems January is in full swing now, the holidays are a distant memory. I am happy to say that I started the New Year with a somewhat organized studio. That is what I did on New Years eve, as a tangible way to start the new year off right. But, space is a problem. I am adopting the “do one thing at a time” attitude, then pack that away to make room for the next focus. I have to, no options. The alternative is to be stymied because of no workspace.
This week, the focus was the Earth Challenge Exhibit. That deserves a post of its own, probably tomorrow.
I had made a couple of collages, last year…but never finished them. I made these into cards, and have entered them as my $5 item for the Earth Exhibit. They will be sold, with the proceeds going to Food Gatherers…the local food rescue and distribution center.
Counting up, 2…..
I made quite a few pins this week, here is a selection….
My mosaic area is down in the laundry room, so the reward for getting to the laundry is cutting and pasting glass. Jeff had an ulterior motive when he suggested I set up down there!
These little mirrors are actually mini improvisational quilts made out of glass:
I was having a lot of trouble getting a nice grouted edges on these….so the BFG made a little “jig”…that provides a support for the grout to fill in when the mosaic is pushed against it. So simple, and I think a larger one would really come in handy for most grouting:
What’s most important: the wood that positions the mosaic edge is as thick as the mosaic.
But I do have to complain…..I hate grouting in the house, I make such a mess! Maybe mosaics (or at least grouting) should be a fair weather occupation.
I do want to get back to my sewing machine and/or hand stitch….hopefully this coming week!