Kel just posted about her favorite books, so I thought I would rip off her idea and create my own list. I have so many, but with this post I am sticking to the all time classics.
I have to tell you, I am a wimp…I HATE books with unhappy endings. They depress me. Call me Pollyanna, that’s okay. But, if it was a song, I LOVE sad songs. Guess they make me appreciate that wonderful husband of mine, and the good life we have.
So here are my favorite books…each and everyone will leave you with a smile:
1. Antonia, by Willa Cather. Coming of age story, but a good one.
2. Jane Eyre, by Charlotte Bronte. Jane is my hero.
3. Jan Karon books…At Home in Mitford series. Just plain delightful.
4. James Michener’s Chesapeake, Texas, Hawaii, Carribean. History-lessons-in-novel format type books.
5. The Hobbit, and Lord of the Rings….we have a beautifully illustrated copy of the Hobbit that the children loved.
6. The A-Z Encyclopedia of Garden Plants, by the American Horticultural Society…I read this like a novel.
7. Tough times never last, but tough people do, by Robert Schuller….skimming this book is a pep talk, and then repeat this mantra…This too shall pass.
8. Stitch Magic, by Jan Beaney and Jean Littlejohn…the ultimate guide to contemporary embroidery.
9. Kaffe Fassett’s Kaleidoscope of Quilts…I blame him for my current patchwork obsession. And Gwen Marston’s Liberated Quilting Books.
10. The Bible….everyday.
So what are your favorite books????